The Liberty was built in 1988, and since 1994 it has been on Lake Teupitz in Brandenburg in use, later on Lake Constance. From 2003 until the end of 2017, the aluminium ship was in service for the Neckar-Käpt'n on the Neckar river, was extended from 18 m to 25 m and rebuilt several times. Today it travels in Austria on the Traunsee.
- Length: 25.0 m,
- Width: 4,33 m,
- Load capacity: 25 t,
- 1 salon + 1 open deck,
- maximum 190 persons (incl. open deck).
The Liberty at the ship station Bad-Cannstatt, (pier Wilhelma)
MS Lichtenstein, (constructed in 1961), was on the Neckar in use until 2003. The ship is now called „MS Friedrich der Große” and was put into service on the Rhine-Herne Canal.
MS Lichtenstein 2003
MS Rosenstein, constructed in 1959, was placed into service on the river Neckar until 1965 and had many names until today: “John F. Kennedy”, “Würzburg”, “Wappen von Franken”, “Frankenland”, today: “Phönix”. It was completely rebuilt in 2006 and is still “afloat”, for the Spree and Havel shipping in Berlin, see link.
MS Berta Epple, today “Le Signac", built in 1958, was commissioned by the Neckar-Personen-Schiffahrt Berta Epple at the shipyard Schmidt & Sons, was in service from 1997 to 2004 for the Neckar-Käpt'n. Later it was called “MS Stadt Rees", in Duisburg on the Rhine in service. Now “Le Signac" is located in Paris on the Seine. Probably the name is inspired by the artist Paul Signac, Mrs. Berta Epple might have liked that.
The Dorothea Epple, today “MS Germania”, was built in 1957 by the shipyard Schmidt & Sons on behalf of the Neckar-Personen-Schiffahrt Berta Epple and was in service for the Neckar-Personenschiffahrt until 1964. Later the ship was renamed in “MS Germania” and sold to an owner near Miltenberg on the Main in 2001. Since 2003 it belongs to the yacht club Wertheim
MS Dorothea Epple 1957
Wilhelma (I) was constructed in 1958, not to be confused with Wilhelma (II), which is still on the way for the Neckar-Käpt'n today. Until 1962 it was used for the Neckar passenger shipping, unfortunately there are no photos available. It was converted into a yacht.
The Stuttgart, our “Wedding Ship”, has been built in 1957 and was continuously in use for the Neckar passenger shipping until 2017. She is now in Belgium, Liège, on the Meuse river. We remember with pleasure many beautiful trips on the Neckar and lots of interesting events. A day in June 1999, when parachute world champion Klaus Renz landed exactly on the deck of the Stuttgart after a jump from a height of 2000 meters, is especially remembered. He precisely touched down on the 3 x 3 meter area of the ship's deck.
- Length: 29,30 m,
- Width: 4,88 m,
- Load capacity: 34 t,
- 3 salons + 2 open decks
- for a maximum of 200 persons.
In 1962 Berta Epple acquired the decommissioned Rhine ferry “Gaby” and changed it into the restaurant ship “Lukullus", built on its converted hull. In February 1964 the new restaurant ship, (later discotheque Riverside), was opened and enjoyed many years of great popularity. On February 28th, 1981, the restaurant ship unfortunately burned out completely and was scrapped.
MS Lukullus, (in the Seventies)